Postdoc position in PLATO at IAA-CSIC, Granada (Spain)
The PLATO team from IAA-CSIC in Granada invites applications for a 1-year postdoctoral position (with possible extension) to work on the science activities of the PLATO mission.
Successful candidate will work in collaboration with experts in stellar variability, space-based instrumentation and photometry at the Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia in Granada.
Applications of postdocs researchers who wants to work on any (or several) of the following topics are welcome:
1. Synergic studies between Asteroseismology and stellar activity
2. Development of innovative data analysis techniques
3. Analysis of spectroscopic data
4. Modeling of eclipsing binaries
5. Asteroseismology of stellar clusters
6. Stellar modeling and analysis of pulsations in rapid rotators
7. Applications of asteroseismology to constraint fundamental physics models
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with experts in pulsating stars, data analysis,
and stellar modelling at the Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia - CSIC.
One year renewable, with possible extension subject to a positive evaluation of the research activity
carried out during the first year and to further availability of funds.
• Applicant must hold a PhD degree at the time of the application.
• Research experience in line with the selected topic of research.
• A solid background in computer programming, numerical simulations, and mathematics is de-
sired. Data analysis tools and numerical simulations will typically be carried out using Python,
Fortran, R or Matlab.
The application should contain a short CV and a letter of motivation describing the interest for the
position and the skills for the activities that are described. Letters of recommendation (maximum 2)
should be sent directly by the reference persons to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the applications is December 16, 2022.
For more information or any further inquiries about the application procedure please send an email to
Javier Pascual Granado (email@example.com).