Hydrated minerals and organic compounds in primitive asteroids and space exploration
The IAC (Tenerife) announces ONE postdoctoral contract to work on topics within the projects “Mineralogical characterization of primitive asteroids and space exploration 2” (ProID2021010134) and “Hydrated minerals and organic compounds in primitive asteroids” (PID2020-120464GB-I100), led by Drs. Julia de León and Javier Licandro.
The successful candidate will pursue research in the following fields:
- Compositional characterization of primitive asteroids from the analysis of photometric and spectroscopic data
- Study of the spectral characteristics of primitive asteroids in the near-ultraviolet and the infrared regions
- Scientific exploitation of the spectral and spectrophotometric data of asteroids provided by Gaia and J-PLUS (and similar surveys), respectively
- Preparation for the acquisition and subsequent analysis of the data of primitive asteroids provided by the JWST
- Identification and characterization of asteroids as possible targets of future space missions and potentially hazardous (planetary defense)
Particular attention will be given to applicants with experience in the field of spectroscopy of minor bodies at different wavelengths and exploitation of large astronomical databases.
Full details on this opening can be found at: