5 PhD positions (FPI-SO, 4 years)
The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) offers five 4-year PhD grants associated with its recently renovated Severo Ochoa program. Awarded candidates will have the possibility to chose among the various projects offered within the following research lines:
- Solar Physics: CEX2019-000920-S-20-1 (Coord: Andrés Asensio, aasensio at iac.es)
- Solar System and Planetary Systems: CEX2019-000920-S-20-2 (Coord: Julia de León, jmlc at iac.es)
- Physics of the stars and the Interstellar Medium: CEX2019-000920-S-20-3 (Coord: Sergio Simón, ssimon at iac.es)
- Milky Way and Local Group: CEX2019-000920-S-20-4 (Coord: Carme Gallart, carme.gallart at iac.es)
- Formation and evolution of Galaxies: CEX2019-000920-S-20-5 (Coord: Cristina Ramos, cra at iac.es)
Applications must be submitted online before October 27th at the URL of the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación https://sede.micinn.gob.es/ayudaspredoctorales/. Use the reference codes indicated above to select the corresponding research line.
Interested candidates in any of these grants are encouraged to contact the coordinator of the corresponding research line (see above) to get more detailed information about the specific projects offered within each line. In addition, when contacting the IAC-SO coordinators, they should provide them a CV indicating the level of completeness of their degree/master studies and their grades.
We promote a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities in physical sciences to apply.