2019 FCT call for PhD positions
The Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT) has opened a call for PhD fellowships, from 28th of February to 28th of March 2019. The positions are for up to 4 years (tuition fees are covered). The selection is done by FCT.
The Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA) welcomes pre-applications until March 18th. Selected candidates will be supported by IA.
The pre-application has to include the identification of at least one supervisor or co-supervisor among IA researchers. The pre-application is welcome to contact the leaders of the thematic lines (or directly any other researcher) to identify a (co-)supervisor and a PhD project
Pre-applications should include:
- cover letter with a brief description of the candidate's motivation and an indication of the geographical location where the candidate would like to carry out the research work (either Porto, Lisbon, or any of the two), as well as the name(s) of the supervisor(s) (max. 2 pages);
- curriculum vitae (up to 4 pages) and complete list of publications (if applicable);
- a complete list of curricular units (for University level courses - undergraduate and graduate) completed and respective grades;
- acceptance letter form the supervisor in IA including a title for the PhD project (max. 1 page);
- name and contact of up to two referees available to provide information about the candidate (to be contacted if necessary).
The selection committee doesn't commit to give an answer in due time for pre-applications submitted after the 18th of March.
All applications must follow the FCT regulations for research grants.
To make your pre-application, please use the following link: http://www.iastro.pt/ia/jobDetails.html?ID=112