Exploring the Hot and Energetic Universe: the third scientific conference dedicated to the Athena X-ray Observatory
The Athena Science Study Team and the Athena Community Office are organising the “Exploring the Hot and Energetic Universe: the third scientific conference dedicated to the Athena X-ray Observatory” to be held from 7-10 November 2022 in Barcelona, Spain, in hybrid format.
ESA has recently confirmed that the adoption of Athena is scheduled for February 2023, and the delivery date of the “Definition Study Report” (a.k.a. “The Red Book”) is set for December 2022. The conference will show the cutting-edge science that Athena will deliver in the 2030s, by itself and in synergy with other simultaneously operational large ground-based and space-borne facilities.
- Athena mission status and technology development
- Galaxies and galaxy clusters
- Missing baryons and WHIM
- Feedback in AGN and star-forming galaxies
- Formation and evolution of supermassive black holes
- Physics of black hole accretion
- Isolated and accreting neutron stars
- Pulsars, pulsar wind nebulae, SNR and ISM physics
- Planets, exo-planets and habitability
- Multi-messenger astrophysics
- Early Gamma-Ray Bursts and the transient X-ray sky
- Physics beyond the standard model
For further information, please visit the conference website: