Software developer in the Gaia Barcelona research team
The Gaia team of the Universitat de Barcelona (IEEC – ICCUB) is one of the main contributors from the begining of the concept and design of the Gaia space mission for the European Space Agency (ESA) Our team has a leading role in simulations and data processing of astrometric and photometric data from the Gaia satellite. Our team is composed by experts in science, engineering, technology and data analysis to develop and operate data processing software for a big volume of data, validation and scientific exploitation. Our team is responsible of the Barcelona Data Processing Center, located in the Marenostrum supercomputer.
- Work in a leading research project at European level (ESA).
- Tasks will be, depending on position: programming, data analysis, new scientific/statistical algorithms development, support/administration of systems of virtual computation…
- Possibility of promotion and joining other projects.
- Full time contract (possibility of part time).
- Flexible schedule.
We have several open posts in the team:
- Java programming. Python will be a plus.
- Highly motivated people to work in a multidisciplinary environment in a leading research at an international level.
- B.Sc. or MSc finished (or pending only of final thesis) in Engineering (preferably informatics), mathematics, physics or similar.
- Experience in Linux environments. Shell scripting.
- Good English level (B2 minim).
- For one of the posts knowledge/experience in Hadoop, Spark, Big Data and Data Mining will be a plus.
Salary range: Between 17 and 25k€ depending on qualifications.
Contact and Deadline:
Contact Jordi Portell (email@example.com).