PhD postions at the iInternational Max Planck Research School for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Bonn/Cologne
The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) for Astronomy & Astrophysics is a joint structured doctoral program by the Max Planck Institute for Radioastronomy (MPIfR, Bonn) and the Universities of Bonn and Cologne. Several Ph.D. positions are available at one of the most vibrant Astronomy centers in Europe for talented students who are about to finish their Master's (or equivalent) degree in Physics or Astrophysics. The instruction language is English.
- Appointments are for 3 years, starting at any time in 2023.
- Starting annual gross salary: ~34300 Euro; with attractive benefits.
- The IMPRS for A&A has 80 Ph.D. researchers from 26 countries.
- Mentorship from world-class faculty from the MPIfR and the Universities of Bonn and Cologne.
- Research on a broad range of hot topics in observational and theoretical astrophysics.
- Access to world-class observing facilities at a large range of wavelengths.
- Career enhancement workshops, advanced lecture courses.
- Funding for travel and research.
The application deadline is November 1st 2022. For more information and electronic application, visit http://imprs.mpifr.de