PASTO - Particle Acceleration in aSTrophysical Objects
We are pleased to announce the workshop “Particle Acceleration in Astrophysical Objects” (PASTO2022), that will be held at the Astronomical Observatory of Rome (Italy) on September 5-7, 2022.
The workshop will bring together theoretical, phenomenological, and observational aspects of the acceleration processes in astrophysical objects. Our purpose is to build and consolidate a network of collaborators from complementary fields in Astrophysics and Astroparticle Physics, encouraging cross-topic exchange of ideas and expertise.
The meeting will cover the following topics:
- theory of particle acceleration in Astrophysical environments: diffusive shock acceleration, magnetic reconnection, plasma and microphysics
- galactic astrophysical accelerators: supernova remnants, pulsar wind nebulae, stellar winds
- extragalactic astrophysical accelerators: AGN jets and winds, gamma-ray bursts, starburst galaxies
- phenomenology of the acceleration processes: gamma rays, pevatrons, neutrinos, polarization signatures
- modeling the interactions of particles: leptonic and hadronic models for the gamma-ray emission, neutrino emission
The workshop will be held in presence, with the possibility of remote attendance for a limited number of registrants.
Selected invited talks will offer a review on the main topics, with dedicated round tables at the end of every day.
A number of contributed talks and posters are welcome.
The call for abstracts is already open, and the registration will open on May 10th, 2022.
You may find all details on the conference website: https://indico.ict.inaf.it/event/PASTO2022