NEW OPENING FOR A SEVERO OCHOA POSTDOC POSITION: "Identification and characterization of galaxy populations in the J-PAS survey"
IAA-CSIC offers a two-year postdoctoral contract in the framework of the Project “Severo Ochoa”. Candidates are expected to carry out their activity in the research line of Galaxy Evolution. In particular, the candidates will work in the scientific exploitation of the data from the J-PAS survey (http://www.j-pas.org/) and within the Galaxy Evolution science working group of the J-PAS collaboration, and Dra. Rosa González Delgado. The specific tasks to be developed will be:
- Identification and characterization of Luminous red galaxies (LRGs) and emission line galaxies (ELGs)
- Luminosity and mass function of galaxies and their evolution.
- Stellar formation histories (SFH), and evolution of the formation rate density of the Universe.
- Development of new algorithms that incorporate the PDFs of photometric redshifts into that of SFHs.
- Verification of the quality of the first JPCam data.
- Synergy with other surveys such as HSC (Subaru), Alhambra, WEAVE-StePS
- Synergy with the J-PAS-WEAVE/MOS project
- Synergy with the J-PAS cosmology group for the determination of the density of LRG and ELG galaxies as large-scale structure tracers.
- Synergy with the "Galaxy Clusters" group in studies related to the mass function of clusters and "weak lensing".