NEW OPENING FOR A SEVERO OCHOA ENGINEER POSITION: "Polarization of light"
IAA-CSIC offers a two-year engineer position in the framework of the “Severo Ochoa” Project. The applicant is expected to work in the field of polarization of light in the laboratory and reinforce the IAA capabilities in the optical design of astrophysical instruments. The work will be carried out under the umbrella of the Solar Physics Group (SPG) of the Solar System Department of the IAA. The SPG participates in the development and construction of space and balloon borne solar instrumentation for the Solar Orbiter, Lagrange and Sunrise missions and is a leading institution in the field of solar physics. Among the different tasks the appointee research activities include:
- The study and characterization of polarization properties of new optical materials, with special interest in the near-ultraviolet part of the spectrum.
- Investigate the polarimetric properties of several crystalline materials
- Determination of wavefront errors in the laboratory
- Study of electro-optical (or piezoelectrical) properties of crystalline materials
- Reinforce IAA optical capabilities