María Zambrano Fellowship
Are you looking for a postdoctoral contract? This is your chance to work at the Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the University of Barcelona (ICCUB) applying for the Maria Zambrano Fellowship. Please contact with our hosting researchers.
Objective: To make Spanish public universities attractive to teaching and research staff with accumulated postdoctoral careers in foreign universities or research centers.
These grants may last for one or two full years, and may be scheduled to start between January 1st and April 1st, 2022.
The amount of aid is 4,000 gross euros per month. In addition, a single payment of 3,500 gross euros is made as a transfer fee.
- 24 months of accredited postdoctoral experience which must be done in a different center from where the doctoral thesis was defended.
- The applicant must be a teaching and research staff with a doctorate, and at the time of submitting the application be developing a research project and/or teaching at a university, research center, or organization located outside Spain. The applicant must also reside in the country where the university or center of origin is located.
- CV, abbreviated curriculum
- Accreditation of the postdoctoral trajectory, Annex 7
- Document of acceptance of the stay, Annex 8
- Report justifying the applicant's suitability for the research and knowledge transfer needs of the recipient group and their expected impact, Annex 9
Submission of the application:
Through this website before July 30th.
a) Abbreviated curriculum vitae of the applicant (up to 50 points)
b) Scientific and technical history of the receiving group or groups (up to 30 points). Collaborations of the receiving group with the University of Barcelona are taken into account.
c) Supporting reports (up to 20 points)
The applicant must score at least 80 points to pass the assessment.
About the Institute of Cosmos Sciences
The ICCUB is an interdisciplinary centre with more than 70 long term scientists, 20 engineers and 80 postdoctoral researchers (55% international) and PhD students (30%international) offering an international and multicultural environment. The ICCUB also hosts a vibrant fundamental research program in cosmology, astrophysics and particle physics, with a strong technology unit supporting our participation in international collaborations in observational astronomy and experimental particle physics.
As part of the University of Barcelona, it is a recipient of the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) Award, which recognises, among other achievements, respect for equal opportunities and the capacity to attract talent in a positive working environment that promotes the pursuit of successful research careers. The ICCUB respects the principles of open, transparent, merit-based selection.
The ICCUB is located in Barcelona, considered the 8th World's Best Cities 2021: one with near-perfect weather year-round, miles and miles of beaches, iconic parks, striking architecture and colourful neighbourhoods that march to their own beat—artistic, sophisticated, bohemian. Moreover, it is a pole of attraction for the technology sector, a top choice to establish a company in this sector, and it hosts some of the world's major technological events, such as the Mobile World Congress and the Smart City Expo. In addition, Barcelona and its metropolitan area is a leading destination on the map of global technological ecosystems and has infrastructures such as science parks, universities and the 22@ district.
This is just a summary, please read this.