"On the evolution of XELGs from J-PAs data"
IAA-CSIC offers a postdoctoral contract in the framework of the Project “Severo Ochoa”. Candidates are expected to carry out their activity in the research line of “Galaxy evolution and Cosmology”.
- Managing and improving a code intended to select Extreme Emission Line Galaxies (XELGs) from J-PAS data.
- Preparation of observing proposals with PMAS @ CAHA, and MEGARA @ GTC, for the XELG candidates from the J-PAS images.
- Data reduction and analysis of the (i) already available J-PAS photospectra and 1-D spectra; and (ii) IFU data (to come) of already submitted proposals.
- Interpretation and synthesis of spectro-chemical and structural properties of XELGs applying theoretical models.
- Writing of papers containing the most interesting results.
The candidate must have a PhD in Astrophysics (or similar). In adition this position requires:
- Experience with codes of data reduction and analysis of Integral Field Unit (2D spectroscopy) data.
- Experience with synthesis of galactic spectra and measure of emission lines.
- Experience in preparation of observing proposals for 1-D and 2-D spectroscopy.
- Deep knowledge in galaxy physics, in particular in galaxies with active star formation, and in the derivation of their physical and evolutionary properties from their optical spectra.
Period (months): 18 months