COSPAR 2020 "The space view of radio galaxies"
With highly energetic relativistic jets that sometimes reach a few Megaparsecs, radio galaxies are fundamental actors in theories of black hole growth and downsizing, and in the evolution of their host galaxies. This event is designed to provide an overview of our knowledge of radio galaxies as obtained from space experiments, with a particular focus on the results obtained by RadioAstron and the X-ray/gamma-ray satellites.
• X-ray and gamma-ray emission from radio galaxies
• Space-VLBI results & prospects on jets launching and collimation
• Theory and simulations of accretion/ejection physics
• Census, restarting nuclear activity and jet-medium interaction
• Lessons from the multi-frequency/messenger approach