Biennial European Astrobiology Conference (BEACON)
De 08/05/2023 hasta 12/05/2023
Fuencaliente, La Palma
The Biennial European Astrobiology Conference (BEACON) brings scientists and experts in the Astrobiology field from Europe and beyond. BEACON will take place at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess Hotel on La Palma Island from May, 8th to 12th 2023.
BEACON topics will be:
- Evolution and Traces of Early Life and Life under Extreme Condition
- Tracing Life and Identifying Habitable Environments
- Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems and Detection of Habitable Worlds
- Biosignatures and the Detection of Life beyond Earth
- Impacts and their Role in the Evolution of Planets, Moons and Life
- The Pathway to Complexity: From Simple Molecules to First Life
- Historical, Philosophical, Societal and Ethical Issues in Astrobiology
- Protoplanetary Disks and their Physical and Chemical Processes
- Planetary Environments and Habitability
La Palma offers a multitude of relevant research infrastructures (telescopes) and locations (active volcanoes, recent lava fields, Mars-analogue landscapes, etc.). We will visiting many of these sites.
Abstract submission deadline: 31st, Jan 2023.
Conference organised by the European Astrobiology Institute.